The Latest: Drew Forbes and Drake Dorbeck of Browns opt out

sports.yahoo.com
6 min read
standard
Guard Drew Forbes and tackle Drake Dorbeck are the first two Cleveland Browns players who have chosen to opt out for the 2020 NFL season because of the coronavirus. Forbes, a sixth-round pick in 2019, was expected to compete for the starting right guard job. Earlier, Browns' head physician Dr.
The Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:

---

Guard Drew Forbes and tackle Drake Dorbeck are the first two Cleveland Browns players who have chosen to opt out for the 2020 NFL season because of the coronavirus.

Forbes, a sixth-round pick in 2019, was expected to compete for the starting right guard job. He appeared in one game for the Browns last season.

Dorbeck is an undrafted rookie out from Southern Mississippi.

Earlier, Browns' head physician Dr. James Voos said players have the complete support of the team if they decide not to play.

''The NFL and the NFLPA have utilized the CDC criteria for the high-risk category - players that may have a chronic disease, may have a family member with a chronic disease or may have another type of issue that may put them at risk for the season,'' Voos said. ''We have established those criteria to guide the players to make those best-informed decisions for them and their family.''

---

New York Giants left tackle Nate Solder has opted out of the 2020 NFL season because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Solder, who started every game for the Giants the past two seasons, announced his decision Wednesday on Twitter, citing his son's ongoing fight with cancer, the recent birth of a baby boy, and his own history with cancer.

Under the agreement reached last week between the NFL and the players' union, players can choose not to play in 2020 without penalty. The…
The Associated Press
Read full article