Chinese Tennis Star Peng Shuai Says She's Safe: Olympic Officials

www.huffpost.com
3 min read
standard
The International Olympic Committee said the three-time Olympian, who accused a former Chinese government official of sexual assault, appeared in a video call.
Missing Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai has spoken with the International Olympic Committee and has assured it that she is safe, the sports association announced on Sunday. The news follows growing global concern about the three-time Olympian's whereabouts.

Peng had disappeared from public sight earlier this month after accusing a former member of the Chinese government of sexual assault. In a 30-minute video call, the tennis player said she is safe and well at her home in Beijing but would like her privacy to be respected at this time, the IOC said in a…
Nina Golgowski
Read full article