Man charged in FBG Duck murder ordered detained

chicago.suntimes.com
4 min read
fairly easy
A federal prosecutor said Tacarlos "Los" Offerd purchased the vehicle used as the "lead car" in the Aug. 4, 2020, murder one week earlier. That vehicle was then returned to the dealership in the suburbs less than an hour after the deadly shooting, he said.
A federal judge ordered the detention Friday of one of five alleged members of the O-Block street gang accused in a racketeering indictment of last year's broad-daylight Gold Coast murder of rapper FBG Duck, which a prosecutor said is "on video."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jason Julien said Tacarlos "Los" Offerd, 30, purchased the vehicle used as the "lead car" in the Aug. 4, 2020, murder one week earlier. That vehicle was then returned to the dealership in the suburbs less than an hour after the deadly shooting, he said.

FBG Duck, whose real name was Carlton Weekly, was shot to death in the first block of East Oak Street as shoppers milled about. Julian said the rapper was shot "at least 38 times," and two other people were also wounded.

The shooting occurred around 4:30 p.m., and Julian said Offerd's car was returned to the dealership, about a 50-minute drive away, around 5:30 p.m.

Julian also said the car was seen on police pod cameras and license plate readers.

An indictment unsealed this week charged Offerd and four others with murder in aid of racketeering. Offerd's co-defendants are Charles "C Murda" Liggins, 30; Kenneth "Kenny" Roberson, 28; Christopher "C Thang" Thomas, 22; and Marcus "Muwop" Smart,…
Jon Seidel
Read full article