ThedaCare Regional Medical Center–Appleton, formerly Appleton Medical Center (1984-2015), and Appleton Memorial Hospital (1958-1984), serves the northern side of the city of Appleton, Wisconsin. The hospital was chartered by the State of Wisconsin in 1949. After a 12-year fundraising effort, Appleton Memorial Hospital opened in 1958. The hospital was renamed Appleton Medical Center in 1984. In 1987, this hospital merged financially with ThedaCare Regional Medical Center–Neenah to form the Novus Health Group, now called ThedaCare.